So it begins! The next few weeks we will be testing "mini retirement."
Our objective is to see how living, working, and exploring-
roaming the road in a motor home- really impacts our lives. We will apply the principles
of computer science; "Hardware" that's Dennis,
and "Software" that's me, Deborah; to determine the outcome.
Come join us for our experiment!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

RV1.0 Day 2

Day 2-Technical Difficulties
Sunset Day 1
We are posting day one & two at the same time due to lack of wifi at our site. We had to ride our bike 3 miles to the lodge area at Fall Creek Falls to connect. Don't worry bike riding on our tandem is part of our plans.
The mountains and valleys are beautiful. We saw several deer on our ride into the property. The first night Dennis & I hooked up to utilities except for the sewer. This morning we went out to hook up the sewer hose. Since I only brought medium size gloves I was the lucky one to hook up our sewer hose. I really don't mind. It beats all the years I put bed pans under patients! It was a successful hookup so I washed up and went back inside our RV. I then began organizing all the food staples in the overheads for easy access. Unpacked the rest of our personal items and was ready for my first “military shower” in the RV. To be honest I had been practicing this method at home for a while now. I had plenty of warm water for a complete shower including a nice hair wash. One thing for sure is I certainly have not over the years been mindful of how much water I waste at my land home. This experiment will certainly teach me how little I need to meet my daily needs. Note to self !
Our breakfast was yummy and easy to prepare. See in the picture we are eating well. Tonight's meal is in the slow cooker and we are off having fun while it cooks! Please log back in again and see what else our experiment may reveal.......Software.
Day 2 our Class C Sun-seeker Forest River.  Great spot!
"Yummy"- Dennis was thrilled he got the breakfast of champions!
  

1 comment:

  1. It was worth the wait for all the laughs I got from your posts. I told Carol I bet they did not have WIFI from the RV. Did you get you a theme song yet? Well guess I have to wait til tomorrow for more humor. Great bacon and eggs. Bet they tatsted better than when at home!

    ReplyDelete